This is where we start

I'm a pretty firm believer in process blogs/journals. They were a major part of my A to Z when I was directing and anyone unlucky enough to be trapped with me while I'm stuck in 'problem solving mode' has seen me go into a spoken word cloud of repetitive step-by-step recitations and verbal flowchart iterations. 

Long/short: I find it cathartic to be able to see the incremental progress of a project that lives larger than the human brain can imagine all at once. Humans are notoriously poor judges of Large Numbers and equally poor at estimating unfamiliar concepts (Not me of course, I'm amazing) and Brie and I are standing on the edge of a very large number of very hard to estimate concepts as we try our hand at domestic alchemy. A house shall cease to be one house and then be a different house, but not all at once. It'll be the Ship of Theseus by way of Bauhaus bathroom tile and mid-century/eclectic Hygge.

We also are very aware that people like to follow renovations blogs and that we don't socialize enough, so here we are with a portal to share pictures and stories and videos and all the rest in one place. You should be able to sign up for notifications of when we publish and leave comments if so inspired.

Below is our first video where nothing happens except me discussing the fun of contractors as I pick up Brie from the new house. Enjoy!



 

S.

Comments

  1. Love it, and super idea, even to enhance the value of the house! Cool idea, and well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like cheap and honest Barry and the entire concept of mid-century/eclectic Hygge! Can't wait to follow all the renos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading, and then googling, bauhaus and hygge made me feel not very well read. But, I suppose this blog is about y'all and not me.....

    Excited to see what you teach me next!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Material Girl

Never Forget there's no basement at the Alamo

The One Where Brie and I Disagree About Decorative Panels